As the year closes, one resounding thud of a thought keeps circling: I don’t want to lose this year too. I want to capture this year, keep it like a songbird in my heart.
And it’s way too easy to let it slip into blankness the way 2020 did. In other words, I feel like I lost one year, and I sure as heck am not going to lose two.
So I’m doing something to capture my year. I’m doing something that cements it into my life, and reminds me that a hundred good things happened to me, my family, and people I love.
I’m purposely and thoughtfully folding up the sweater of my memories and placing it carefully and sweetly in the drawer. This is giving me closure. It’s making my 2021 shine brighter.
Do you want to do this with me?
Here’s what we do. First, this is an energy exercise as much as anything. It’s asking you to call up and touch on one bright sparkle of a moment or event, one after another, until you’re overflowing.
As we write down the 30 best things we did in 2021, we acknowledge that the year was bold, bright, healing, connected, and supportive. We shift from lack, fear, and depression into appreciation, love, and ownership. And hey, keep writing more than 30. Stop whenever it feels right.
Are you ready? My list is below. These are the 30 Brightest Spots in my 2021:
- I wrote a book—a long overdue book—that compiles all my teachings together. And it was picked up by a great agent! I am over the moon.
- Wrote a second book. This one is pure crazy fiction. No agent wants it yet, but that’s ok. The Right One will come.
- Sent my daughter to college. Ouch! This one hurt a bit, but the pride in my heart overwhelms the ache.
- Had the biggest bumper crop of passionfruit my property has ever grown.
- Learned to make a gazillion passionfruit recipes.
- My family and I travelled to Lanzarote in the Canary Islands. (Hey, it was in the Green Tier!) I forgot that the Spanish Islands regularly have topless beaches and hotel pools. My 15-year-old son got a very unintended education.
- Acquired a dazzling collection of crystals from a dear friend. I can’t tell you how much they light me up. She fulfilled a bucket list entry without even knowing it.
- I exercised. At least somewhat. It’s a start.
- Remodeled my master bath! No more yucky black mold in my tile grout!
- Led an online summit about Lack-Thinking and met some brilliant new people.
- Bought some pretty new dresses. I’m partial to White House Black Market. And, Macys.
- Inhaled a bunch of TV series that felt wickedly decadent: White Lotus, Ted Lasso, Acapulco, 9 Perfect Strangers, Foundation, The Expanse…okay, watched way too much TV….
- Volunteered for my son’s Robotics competition as a judge. Quick learning curve eek!
- Totally remodeled my M.E. School program into a 9-week “summer school” style program. Led my first class through it.
- Went with my mom and daughter to a museum and lunch for the first time in AGES. Unfortunately, she broke her foot there.
- Discovered that lilies grow really well on my property. Planted more.
- Got triple vaccinated. Whew.
- Somehow managed to record another 30 podcast episodes. We’re up to 669 now folks!
- Recommitted to my Flowdreaming practice and did a whole lotta flow (both for my sanity and to be a palatable human being to those around me, LOL).
- Volunteered at my son’s homecoming dance as a chaperone (read: narc) and saw him become Homecoming King.
- Got real clear about what’s next for me and how I want to start writing a whole, whole lot more again.
- Went dorm shopping with my daughter. Who knew there are so many possible bedding combos….and we bought them all…
- Hiked in volcanic calderas and had drinks on a balcony with my hubby overlooking Africa across the water from the Lanzarote coast. Blew my mind.
- Swing-danced with same hubby in a late night bar while people clapped and cheered. I was pretty rusty.
- Did my annual Sessions and Deep Dives event. I get to meet so many good people. Looking forward to the next one in January.
- Finally finished decorating my dining room and painted one wall bright peacock blue. It was 4 years in the making, folks!
- Bought way too much stuff off Amazon.
- Opened my new Flow On! Program and recorded and completed 12 new content-rich courses. Trust me, this is a lot of work!
- Stepped back from social media and found that when I’m on it less, I appreciate it more.
- Threw two epic Halloween parties (outdoors, masked!). YAY!!!!
You know what this shows me? I did A LOT this year. Way more than I give myself credit for. And, a lot of what I did made me feel loved, productive, competent and connected.
It was a good year.
So what’s on YOUR list? Please leave me a comment below! I’d love to hear!
Lots of love to you and wishing you a beautiful holiday season!